Students will be able to...
- Define the rule of law.
- Explain how the rule of law protects individual rights and preserves the common good.
- Recognize the influence of the rule of law on the development of the American legal, political, and governmental systems.
- Analyze the necessity of establishing and enforcing the rule of law.
- Examine how the rule of law affects everyday life.
- Identify the effect of Marbury v. Madison and its relationship to the rule of law.
Course 3 Math:
- Lessons 11 - 15
Literature: The Good Earth, Chapters 1 - 4
- understand how to use specific literary terminology
- demonstrate comprehension of historical background concerning Pearl S. Buck
- develop an awareness of historical background concerning events taking place in China during the time Buck wrote her novel
- read critically and analytically to draw comparisons, make inferences, trace plot development, and evaluate theme
- Read chapters 1 - 4 in The Good Earth.
- Identify differences between the customs depicted and modern customs.
Writing: (Topic of the week: Education: Past, Present, and Future)
- Conduct an interview to gather information
- Write a expository essay that uses information gathered, personal experience, and predicts possible outcomes
- Use all dress ups correctly
- Use 6 sentence openers correctly
- Use the checklist to improve their rough draft
- Get their planner signed nightly
- Plan ahead for needed supplies
- Turn in work on time
- Use flashcards to improve vocabulary scores