Today we introduced the executive branch of the government. Students were assigned a week long project to help them experience the process of running for president.
In one week, they are expected to complete the following items:
1. Campaign Speech
- 3 - 5 minutes
- Addresses at least two issues they will take on during their presidency
2. Campaign Poster
- 11 x 17 (paper provided in class)
- full color
- contains campaign slogan
3. Campaign Budget
- each student starts with $1000
- budget must show what every dollar is spent on (actual figures need to be looked up)
- if students want additional funding, they may write a business letter to a particular business or organization requesting support. These letters will be turned in to me and will be returned with a yes or no.