Yes, the rumors are true. In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday students are invited to dress up as their favorite literacy character tomorrow. The guidelines have been discussed extensively in class but here they are again!
1. Costume must be based on a BOOK character. No movies. If their is a book and a movie, the book had to come first. So Coraline is fine, but Star Wars not so much.
2. Costume must be appropriate for school. That means students need to be able to participate in PE, sit in their chair, write, and eat lunch.
3. No weapons, not even foam or cardboard ones. This includes bows and arrows, swords, boomerangs, etc.
4. Students should bring a copy of the book their character is from and be prepared to share a portion of it.
5. Do not spend a bunch of money on a costume. Be creative, borrow things or used recycled materials.
Students do not need to wear their uniform under their costume and may wear face paint.
I look forward to seeing who everyone decides to be.