- Identify the basic ideas on government from Thomas Hobbes and John Locke.
- Define the terms: state of nature, natural rights, sovereign.
- Trace the development of the idea of the social contract from Thomas Hobbes to John Locke.
- Identify and describe the four features of a state.
- Differentiate between a sovereign state and the “states” in the United States by deciding whether the four features of a state apply to each.
- List the four roles of government.
- Apply the features and roles of a state by creating a profile of a new, fictional sovereign state and deciding on its priorities.
- Take notes
- Use 2 strategies to study information given
- Describe motion in scientific terms
- Graph using position and time
- Describe velocity in scientific terms
- Understand the difference between velocity quantities and scalar quantities
- Accurately document a lab experiment
Course 3 Math:
- Lessons 2 - 6
- Memorize 1 poem
- Read poetry with expression and appropriate phrasing
- Analyze poetry to determine meaning
- Understand how poetry has changed over time
- be assessed for fluency
- Read grade level non fiction text
- Relate information to current events
Writing: (Topic of the week: Things I Did This Summer)
- Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, description, and reflection, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
- Use all dress ups correctly
- Use 4 sentence openers correctly
- Use the checklist to improve their rough draft