Good morning Falcon community,
Please check your student for signs of lice . Lice can happen to any child, in any family, in any home. We have had a few cases this week, and we would like to make sure families are able to deal with it as soon as possible.
Please let me know if you have any questions. If your child or family has a case of lice that occurs, please feel comfortable communicating this with the office, teacher and/or myself. Lice is not a reflection of the cleanliness of your home or family. We will hold this information confidentiall
y and communicate only what will help the community.
Here are some details about our lice policy:
- Whole school/whole class lice checks will not occur (due to state and district policy as well as to protect the emotional needs of our students).
- If a pattern of lice incidents occurs (>3 students/classroom) individual students will be sent to the office and checked confidentially.
- If a teacher sees a student itching excessively or showing other signs, they will be sent to the office discreetly. A trained member of the office team will privately and confidentially check the child.
- If live bugs are found, the parents will be contacted and the student will be sent home.
- If nits (eggs) are found, the parent will be notified and the student will return to class unless otherwise requested by the parent/guardian.
- Whole school communication will occur if there's a systemic concern. The specific grade level will not be indicated in order to protect confidentiality.