1. Size - The display board must be a trifold board. It should be a minimum of 36 x 48 inches. Smaller boards will not have enough room for everything required. Students are encouraged to reuse boards from previous projects.
2. Border - All boards must have a border. This border should represent the notable character in images. For example, a writer might use a pattern of pencils and books. Other border ideas include quotes or photos. The border should be high contrast and add meaning to the experience.
3. Center Panel - The center panel includes the notable character's name in large, high contrast letters. They should be at least 4 inches tall. Under the name is the black and white sketch which is being completed in art class this week. It should be backed on a high contrast piece of paper. Below that, along the bottom edge is the time line. This may go on as is or can be backed with another piece of paper for contrast.
4. Left Panel - The left panel will hold 4 trivia questions. These will be done in class so that they are formatted correctly.
5. Right Panel - 8th graders are to fill the right side with items that highlight their person's social justice impact.